A solar electric system consists of several components:
- Solar Panels: Can be US made or imported, silver frame or black frame, polycrystalline or mono, etc.
- An inverter to convert the DC current and voltage to AC which your house uses
- Racking to mount the panels on – Also includes the attachments to the roof (or ground)
In addition to the hardware there is also a lot of paperwork for permitting and applications to the utilities and finally the labor to install everything.
4 kW solar energy system for a south facing roof.
Estimated annual electricity production: 4,800 kWh (kilowatt hours) of electricity
- 16 Solar Modules - 250 W each
- 16 Micro Inverters
- 32 flashing kits for attachments
- Rails, splices and clamps for a 8x2 layout AC disconnect
- Ground lugs and ground wire
- Installed cost: $13,000
- Focus on Energy Incentive: $2,400 cash back
- Federal Tax Credit (30% of system cost): $3,180
Cost after incentives: $7,420
Value of electricity produced: $691 (1 Year)
Value of electricity produced: $26,850* (25 Years)
*Assumes 4% increase in electric rate and 0.5% drop in system production – annually
Break even after 9+ years!
Call us at (608)354-2063
Midwest Solar Power
405 Bordner Drive
Madison, WI 53705